The late addition of oats adds both additional fiber and creaminess to the final dish.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 2 nectarines, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Place the water, quinoa, and nectarines in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 30 minutes. Stir.
- Add the milk, oats and honey. Stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the oats are fully cooked.
Calories: 247 I Fat: 4 g I Protein: 8 g I Sodium: 28 mg I Fiber: 5 g I Carbohydrates: 47 g I Sugar: 23 g
– from, The Everything Whole Foods Cookbook, by Rachel Rappaport