Meaty eggplant creates a shell for a creamy, goat cheese filling.
- 3 graffiti eggplants, sliced into 1/4-inch thick vertical strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup softened goat cheese
- 1/4 cup defrosted and drained chopped spinach
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Brush the eggplant on both sides with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake until softened about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the goat cheese, spinach, shallot, salt and pepper.
- Allow the eggplant to cool slightly. Spread each strip with 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture. Roll closed. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories: 162 I Fat: 8 g I Protein: 6 g I Sodium: 237 mg I Fiber: 9 g I Carbohydrates: 19 g I Sugar: 6 g
– from, The Everything Whole Foods Cookbook, by Rachel Rappaport