- Serves: 1 complete meal
- Approximate costs: $5.25 per serving
- 2 or 3 slices turkey bacon
- 2 or 3 leafy green lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 2 thick slices whole wheat bread
- Light margarine as needed
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 thin deli slices oven roasted turkey
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over a moderate heat.
- Meanwhile slice the lettuce and tomato.
- Toast the bread, and then spread with margarine and mayonnaise.
- Sandwich with the bacon, turkey sandwich meat, sliced tomato and lettuce.
Food writer: Carolyn Cashen