- Serves: 3 complete or main dish meals
- Approximate costs: $2.00 per serving; $6.00 to feed 3
- 1-1/4 cups elbow macaroni, (measured dry)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stalk celery (about 1/3 cup), diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded leafy green lettuce
- 1 can flaked or chunk light tuna in water, drained, shredded
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (the juice from 1/2 of a lemon)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Pinch of celery salt
- Pinch of onion salt
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- pinch of ground black pepper
Cook the macaroni as directed on it’s package. Sprinkle with salt. Once cooked, place the macaroni in a colander and run under cold tap water until it is cold to the touch. Set the colander over a bowl that will allow the water in the pasta to continue draining.
While the pasta is cooking, stir the dressing ingredients together. Refrigerate until needed.
Chop the vegetables.
Toss the celery, green onions, lettuce, tuna, and pasta with the amount of dressing as desired.
Calories: 340; fat: 10 g
Food writer: Carolyn Cashen