Serve this elegant egg dish with a green salad and a glass of sparkling wine. Frittata Florentine is also a delicious brunch entrée.
1/4 red onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
Extra-virgin olive oil
2 plum tomatoes, diced
Large handful of spinach or arugula, chopped
1 red or green pepper, diced
1/2 cup (125 mL) canned sweet corn
8 eggs, seasoned and beaten (for a lighter meal, discard two of the egg yolks)
Grated pecorino or Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using an ovenproof skillet, cook onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, spinach, red or green pepper and corn; sauté for a few minutes.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and cook until bottom is firm.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if using, and bake until eggs are set on top and cheese is melted.
- Serve with a green salad.
19 g protein
11 g total fat (2 g saturated fat)
30 g carbohydrates
4 g fibre
68 mg cholesterol
286 mg sodium
– from the Reader’s Digest Best Health web site