A sprinkle of Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil transform tomatoes into the perfect side dish. Or try sandwiching them between slices of your favorite whole-wheat country bread.
4 servings II Active Time: 5 minutes II Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Per serving : 91 Calories; 6 g Fat; 2 g Sat; 4 g Mono; 4 mg Cholesterol; 6 g Carbohydrates; 3 g Protein; 2 g Fiber; 375 mg Sodium; 363 mg Potassium; 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Nutrition Note: What you get: Vitamins A & C, potassium, calcium.
From EatingWell: August/September 2006