These peanut butter-pretzel truffles satisfy your craving for something sweet and salty.
20 truffles II Active Time: 15 minutes II Total Time: 2 hours
- 1/2 cup crunchy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped salted pretzels
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- Combine peanut butter and pretzels in a small bowl.
- Chill in the freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Roll the peanut butter mixture into 20 balls (about 1 teaspoon each). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and freeze until very firm, about 1 hour.
- Roll the frozen balls in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Per truffle: 64 Calories; 4 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 2 g Mono; 1 mg Cholesterol; 5 g Carbohydrates; 2 g Protein; 1 g Fiber; 53 mg Sodium; 65 mg Potassium
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Tip: To melt chocolate, microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Or place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
From EatingWell: January/February 2010