A low calorie sandwich may be just what’s in order after a busy day of cooking and eating. That is why we like to make this low calorie turkey club sandwich with Thanksgiving leftovers. The low calorie honey mustard dressing gives the sandwich just the right kick.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a salad.
Serves: 4 II Prep Time: 4 minutes II Cook Time: :6 minutes II Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 6 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 6 oz. roasted turkey breast
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 large green lettuce leaves
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
1. In a small non-stick skillet, cook the turkey bacon over medium heat about 3 minutes per side, until crisp. Set aside.
2. Combine the ingredients for the dressing (mustard, mayonnaise, and honey) in a small dish.
3. Toast the bread.
4. To assemble the sandwiches, top two slices of toast with 1 1/2 tsp (each) of the mustard dressing. Then, top one of these slices of toast with 3 ounces of turkey breast and half of the tomato.Top with the remaining slice of toast which has the mustard sauce. Top this slice of toast with one slice of bacon and a lettuce leaf. Top the sandwich with one more slice of toast. Repeat for the second sandwich.
5. Slice the sandwiches diagonally, from corner to corner to make 4 quarters. Secure the sandwich quarters with toothpicks.
- Serves 4
- Per Serving (2 sandwich quarters) Calories 261