This is a lovely chicken salad recipe, with crunchy celery and sweet grapes. It is perfect for a light summer meal or brunch.
Serves: 4 II Prep Time: 10 minutes II Total Time:10 minutes
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup halved grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 green-leaf lettuce leaves
- 2 whole-wheat pitas, cut in half
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 Tbsp reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 tsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
1. Combine the chicken, grapes, and celery in a medium-sized mixing bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and red onion together. Combine the dressing with the chicken mixture.
2. Cut each pita in half, and place one lettuce leaf inside each half. Fill each pita half with about 2/3 cup of the chicken salad mixture.
- Serves 4
- Per Serving Calories 204