We like to make this chicken panini as a quick weeknight meal and serve it with some fresh fruit. You may also use bottled, roasted red peppers in place of the red bell peppers if you wish
Serves: 4 II Prep Time: 15 minutes II Cook Time: 12 minutes II Total Time: 27 minutes
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins
- dash gound black pepper
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced fine
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 8 1-oz. slices italian bread
- 4 1 oz. slices mozzarella cheese
1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, and coat it with cooking spray. Sprinkle the chicken with the black pepper, and cook the chicken for about 4 minutes on each side, or until it is no longer pink. Set aside.
2. Place the garlic in the skillet, and cook for one minute. Add the onion, red peppers, and fennel, and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until onions are opaque.
3. In a separate, small dish combine the mayonnaise and mustard, and set aside.
4. Heat a two-sided skillet, and coat with cooking spray. Spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over each slice of bread. Top 4 of the slices of bread with 2 oz. of chicken, 1/4 of the onion mixture, and 1 slice of cheese. Top each panini with an additional slice of bread, mayonnaise side down.
5. Grill each panini about 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp.
- Serves 4
- Per Serving Calories 295