Tortilla pinwheels with chicken, cream cheese and hot red pepper jelly.
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup finely chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup packed shredded light old (sharp) cheddar cheese (2 oz/57 g)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup light spreadable cream cheese
- 2 tbsp light (5%-fat) sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp hot red pepper jelly (see tip)
- 3 large 10-inch whole grain flour tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, lettuce, cheese, onions and red pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream and red pepper jelly on low speed of electric mixer. Working one at a time, spread 1/3 cream cheese mixture over side of tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/3 chicken mixture, leaving a half-inch border at the top just covered with cream cheese mixture (so you can seal it closed). Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style. Wrap tortilla roll in plastic wrap. Repeat process with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Refrigerate rolls for 2 hours. Trim off ends and cut each roll into 8 equal pinwheels. Serve cold.
Recipe Tip: Hot red pepper jelly is a condiment made from red chili peppers, sugar, vinegar, and spices. Look for it in a jar near the ketchup at your grocery store.
Makes 24 pinwheels:
- 44 calories per pinwheel
- 1.6 g total fat, 9 g saturated fat
- 6 mg cholesterol
- 120 mg sodium
– from the book, ‘The LooneySpoons Collection,’ by Janet and Greta Podleski