Baked honey mustard and herb chicken drumsticks.
- 12 skinless chicken drumsticks (about 2-1/2 lbs/1.1 kg)
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray a 9 x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange drumsticks in pan in a single layer.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Spoon sauce evenly over chicken pieces. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove pan from oven and baste chicken with sauce. (Tilting the pan to one side helps) Return chicken to oven and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Arrange chicken on a serving platter and pour sauce from pan over chicken. Serve hot.
- Makes 6 servings, 2 drumsticks each
- 201 calories
- 5.4 g total fat
- 1.3 g saturated fat
- 209 mg sodium
– from the book, ‘The Looney Spoons Collection,’ by Janet and Greta Podleski