Scrumptious yet simple baked chicken and rice casserole
- Makes 6 servings
- 10 oz/284 ml) reduced-fat cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 10 oz/284 ml) reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked brown rice
- 6 whole chicken legs, skin removed
- 1/2 pkg (1 oz/14 g total)
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together celery soup, mushroom soup and milk until smooth. Stir in rice. Pour rice mixture over bottom of baking dish. Arrange chcken leg sin a single lay over rice. Sprinkle top of chicken and rice with onion soup mix.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 F for 1-1/2 hours. DO NOT PEEK! Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 386 calories
- 8.2 g total fat
- 2.2 g saturated fat
- 863 mg sodium
– from the book, ‘The LooneySpoons Collection,’ by Janet and Greta Podleski