“These quesadillas are perfect for dinnertime, lunchtime – even party time!. Quesadillas are Mexican pizzas.
- Recipe yields 4 servings
- Serving suggestions: Serve with a salad or two.
CRISCO® No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 cup cooked chicken, finely shredded
1/2 cup tomato salsa, plus additional for serving
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups Jalapeno Jack or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
8 sprigs fresh cilantro, minced (optional)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Spray with CRISCO® No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine chicken, salsa, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, chili powder, cheese and minced cilantro.
- Arrange 4 tortillas on baking sheet. Top with chicken mixture. Top with remaining 4 tortillas; press closed gently.
- Bake 5 minutes. Remove baking sheets from oven. Carefully turn quesadillas with spatula. Return to oven; bake 5 minutes more, or until browned. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Cut each in quarters. Serve immediately, with additional salsa and sour cream if desired.
Recipe by: Crisco® Olive Oil