- Serves: 1
- Approximate costs: $2.00 per serving
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Handful of fresh baby spinach
- Pinch of nutmeg, salt and black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 whole wheat cinnamon raisin bagel
Spread a handful of spinach to form a single layer in a large skillet. Cook in oil for 2 to 3 minutes over medium-high heat, or until the spinach is wilted. Sprinkle the spinach with nutmeg, salt, and black pepper.
Spread the spinach out to line the bottom of the pan. Crack the eggs over the spinach. Sprinkle the eggs with salt. Break the yolks if desired. Separate the eggs into 4 to 6 sections and turn to cook the other side.
Lay the eggs onto the bottom section of the bagel. Sandwich with the top half of the bagel, and then cut into 2 or 4 sections.
Calories: 415 per bagel, re-calculate
Food writer: Carolyn Cashen