- Serves: 2 complete lunches
- Costs: Approximately $3.65 per serving; provided the spices are already available at home.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise light
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh or bottled lemon juice, (the juice from ½ lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper to individual tastes
- 1/2 small green or red pepper (about 1/2 cup), diced
- 1 stalk celery, (about 1/3 cup), diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/4 cups cooked, diced chicken, or,
- 125 g low-fat, roasted chicken or turkey slices (about 1/4 cups), sliced into large chunks
- 1 medium-sized apple (about 1 to 1-1/3 cups), cored and diced, unpeeled
2 whole grain or multi-grain pitas, each sliced in half
Mix the dressing ingredients together. Refrigerate until needed.
Mix together the chopped red pepper, celery, green onions, chicken and apple in a small mixing bowl. Stir in the dressing.
Slice the pitas in half and stuff.
Calories: 290 per serving
Food writer: Carolyn Cashen