The skin of a mango is tough and not meant to be eaten. But peeling and pitting the fruit can be a challenge. For best results, cut the mango in half, working around the pit. Place a half on the cutting board flesh-side up and score 1/4-inch squares in the flesh. Do no cut through the peel. Turn the half inside out and cut the fruit away from the skin with your knife.
- 1 cup chopped red or green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup mango, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 12-inch prepared whole-grain pizza crust, purchased or made from a mix
Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Lightly coat a 12-inch round baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the peppers, onions, mango, pineapple, lime juice and cilantro. Set aside.
- Roll out dough and press into the baking pan. Place in the oven and cook about 15 minutes.
- Take the pizza crust out of the oven and spread with mango salsa. Place the pizza back into the oven and bake until the toppings are hot and the crust is browned, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cut the pizza into 8 even slices and serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: 2 slices (1/4 of the pizza)
- Calories 250
- Total fat 4 g
- Protein 8 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Total carbohydrate 45 g
- Dietary fiber 8 g
- Monounsaturated fat 1.5 g
- Saturated fat 1.5 g
- Sugars 0 g
- Sodium 354 mg
- Trans fat 0 g