Who doesn’t like barbecued chicken during the summer? Tossing it in with some lower carb vegetables and turkey bacon makes for a salad that will be popular with the entire family. Serve it with some whole wheat garlic bread, if desired.
Servings: 5 II Preparation time: 20 minutes
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup barbeque sauce
4 pieces turkey bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
2 carrots, shredded
16 ounce bag chopped romaine lettuce
½ medium red onion (or 1 small), small dice
1 large cucumber, small dice
1 large tomato, seeded and small dice
½ teaspoon salt (optional)
Ground black pepper
½ cup fat-free poppy seed dressing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Line the sheet with chicken breasts and brush each generously with barbeque sauce. Bake for 30 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees F. Set aside to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together bacon, carrots, lettuce, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, salt (optional), and pepper.
- Once chicken is cool, chop into small pieces and toss with the salad ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat.
Recipe Cost: $9.93
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories 210
- Carbohydrate 22 g
- Protein 21 g
- Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Sugar 13 g
- Dietary Fiber 4 g
- Cholesterol 55 mg
- Sodium 360 mg
- Potassium 715 mg