- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- This Recipe Serves 4
2 cups broccoli florets
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon canola oil
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons canola oil
4 pork loin boneless chops (each ½-inch thick, about 1 pound total)
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes; until tender.
- In a medium bowl, combine the marinade ingredients. Add the pork chops and marinate them in refrigerator for 20 minutes or longer.
- Add 2 teaspoons canola oil to a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the pork chops for about 5 minutes per side or until done. (Reserve marinade for later).
- Place the marinade in a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer about 2 minutes. Place the pork chops on serving platter and pour the cooked marinade over them.
- Top the pork chops with chopped cilantro and serve with the steamed broccoli.
Recipe Cost: $10.00
Side Suggestion: For an affordable starchy side, add 1/3 cup cooked brown rice to your pork chops and broccoli.
MAKE IT GLUTEN-FREE: Confirm all ingredients are gluten-free, and this recipe can be made gluten-free.
Serving Size: 1 pork chop + ½ cup broccoli
- Calories 235
- Carbohydrate 5 g
- Protein 23 g
- Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Sugar 1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2 g
- Cholesterol 60 mg
- Sodium 475 mg
- Potassium 475 mg